Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Web Query not displaying Umlaut correctly

I have a web query that is pulling some customer information from a web
site. I have a case where a customer name has a umlaut i.e.
Universitätstrasse or ZÜRICH. It looks correct on the web site but
when I run the web query the characters look like this
Universitätstrasse and this ETH Zürich. If I copy and paste the
data from the web to Excel it works perfectly. I can also pass it via
an ASP page to Excel and it works. It only occurs when the data is
passed from the web query. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?