Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Destinct records macro

I tried but I just do not know where to start. I need macro that would look
at Worksheet("DATA").range("B:B"), intentfy the destinct records and list it
on worksheet("shipping").range("B:B"). This must automaticly happen if
worksheet Data is populated. Advance filter does not work because the result
is on a different worksheet.

Thank you for all the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you know what the distinct values will be, then you can hard code those
values (ie air-domestic, air-international, etc.)

Therefore the answer is use the worksheet_active event: use a FOR...NEXT
counter statement. Nest a SELECT CASE ELSE statement unto the ellipsis. Look
in the VBA help files for a clearer understanding of these procedures. Now,
get lost!

"Esrei" wrote:

I tried but I just do not know where to start. I need macro that would look
at Worksheet("DATA").range("B:B"), intentfy the destinct records and list it
on worksheet("shipping").range("B:B"). This must automaticly happen if
worksheet Data is populated. Advance filter does not work because the result
is on a different worksheet.

Thank you for all the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you start the data|Filter|advanced filter with the Shipping worksheet active,
you'll see that you can extract those unique values to a different worksheet.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions:
http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs

--

Dave Peterson