-   -   Destinct records macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/364218-destinct-records-macro.html)

Esrei

Destinct records macro

I tried but I just do not know where to start. I need macro that would look
at Worksheet("DATA").range("B:B"), intentfy the destinct records and list it
on worksheet("shipping").range("B:B"). This must automaticly happen if
worksheet Data is populated. Advance filter does not work because the result
is on a different worksheet.

Thank you for all the help.

Jason S.

Destinct records macro

If you know what the distinct values will be, then you can hard code those
values (ie air-domestic, air-international, etc.)

Therefore the answer is use the worksheet_active event: use a FOR...NEXT
counter statement. Nest a SELECT CASE ELSE statement unto the ellipsis. Look
in the VBA help files for a clearer understanding of these procedures. Now,
get lost!

"Esrei" wrote:

I tried but I just do not know where to start. I need macro that would look
at Worksheet("DATA").range("B:B"), intentfy the destinct records and list it
on worksheet("shipping").range("B:B"). This must automaticly happen if
worksheet Data is populated. Advance filter does not work because the result
is on a different worksheet.

Thank you for all the help.

Esrei

Destinct records macro

Thank you, and the "Now, get lost!" hurts.

"Esrei" wrote:

I tried but I just do not know where to start. I need macro that would look
at Worksheet("DATA").range("B:B"), intentfy the destinct records and list it
on worksheet("shipping").range("B:B"). This must automaticly happen if
worksheet Data is populated. Advance filter does not work because the result
is on a different worksheet.

Thank you for all the help.

Dave Peterson

Destinct records macro

If you start the data|Filter|advanced filter with the Shipping worksheet active,
you'll see that you can extract those unique values to a different worksheet.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions:
http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs

--

Dave Peterson

Esrei