Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto-Format Excel Spreadsheet?

Hey guys, wondering if you could help me out with a little excel proble
here.

First a little background: Recently our IT Department purchased a bran
new Xerox Laser Printer. We use software that came with the printer t
view printer records, such as who printed what, paper size, and tota
cost.

The software converts the updated records to an Excel Spreadsheet, bu
it is really ugly (there are no spaces between users, and there is n
total price field). I want to create a Macro that will automaticall
format the cells (add borders, add user totals, etc.) And wil
calculate a sum total of print jobs for that user. I have alread
tried creating this, and it looks good if the excel spreadsheet has no
been updated. When someone prints something, and I update th
spreadsheet then run the Macro, it looks strange (new rows are inserte
at the wrong location, the sum function does not include the update
fields, only the old ones.). How can I get the macro to automaticall
add and update new fields?

Thank you for your help!

-Ab

--