Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Form Format to Spreadsheet Format

Hi,

I have separate excel spreadsheets that are in a form format. I need to
combine these separate spreadsheets into one spreadsheet. What is the best
way to accomplish this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What do you mean by form format?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Karen" wrote:

Hi,

I have separate excel spreadsheets that are in a form format. I need to
combine these separate spreadsheets into one spreadsheet. What is the best
way to accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry about that. Each individual spreadsheet is in this format
Example:

State: CA Prep Date: 9/13/2005
Name: Fred Num: 544
Eff Date: 10/1/2005 Emp: 28

I need to place them all into one spreadsheet in this format.
State Prep Date Name Num EffDate Emp
CA 9/13/2005 Fred 544 10/1/2005 28

"Karen" wrote:

Hi,

I have separate excel spreadsheets that are in a form format. I need to
combine these separate spreadsheets into one spreadsheet. What is the best
way to accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy everything then paste special--transpose.

Depending on how your data is formatted you may have to do some manual
adjustments. If the amount of data you're talking about here is too much to
do manual adjustments you will need a macro which can organize the data for
you correctly.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.