Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Modify database

Good night !

I wonder if someone can help me or to tell me how to do this operation

- I have a database in excl where the basic product definition and
its features can be found in column A and the different products in stock
can be found in the following columns.

- The database is reasonably big (80 rows corresponding to the
different features describing the product and 70 columns corresponding to
the products in stock

- I would like to modify the database (without new data entry !) in
a way where the information is presented the other way around i.e. each row
corresponds to one product and each immediate following cell on the right
contains one of the product features.

I hope I managed to make myself clear.

I was hoping to get the help of some excel expert in the group . I only know
the basic functions !

Many thanks

JS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just to clarify ... the database looks like this.
Thanks for your patience.

COLUMN A COLUMN B COLUMN C .......

Product ABC DEF
Manufacturer B&Co B&Co
Price 100 120
Production time 10 14
"Joao Saraiva" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Joao, Insert a new worksheet in your workbook. Go back to your intially
sheet and select all your data. You can do this, by selecting any cell
in the used range and hold down Ctrl and tapping * (multiply key) on
the numeric keyboard. Then hit Ctrl+C, select A1 on inserted sheet and
go to the Edit/PasteSpecial menu and check transpose. Hit OK and yo
have what you are looking for. HTH

Greg