Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disappearing Callouts

I have several Callouts on a sheet explaining to the user what data t
place in a specific cell. What I'd like to happen is that once the use
enters the data into the specific cell for the callout to disappear.

Thanks in Advance.

edwardpestia
edwardpestian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3380
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54956

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can give this code a try. It must be placed in the sheet with the
callouts (right click the sheet tab and select view code). It reacts to
changes in Cell A1 and hides or unhides the callout AutoShape 1 (you may need
to change this) based on whether there is something entered in the cell...

If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
If Target.Value = "" Then
Shapes("AutoShape 1").Visible = msoTrue
Else
Shapes("AutoShape 1").Visible = msoFalse
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"edwardpestian" wrote:

I have several Callouts on a sheet explaining to the user what data to
place in a specific cell. What I'd like to happen is that once the user
enters the data into the specific cell for the callout to disappear.

Thanks in Advance.

EP

--
edwardpestian
edwardpestian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33809

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Works great, but I actually have 3 callouts that I need disappear. Eac
callout is linked to different. Can you modify the code for this?

Thanks again.

edwardpestia
edwardpestian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3380
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54956

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Modify this to suit by changing the Addresses ($A$1, $B$1, $C$1) and the
names of the callouts (AutoShape 1, AutoShape 2, AutoShape 3)...

If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
If Target.Value = "" Then
Shapes("AutoShape 1").Visible = msoTrue
Else
Shapes("AutoShape 1").Visible = msoFalse
End If
ElseIf Target.Address = "$B$1" Then
If Target.Value = "" Then
Shapes("AutoShape 2").Visible = msoTrue
Else
Shapes("AutoShape 2").Visible = msoFalse
End If
ElseIf Target.Address = "$C$1" Then
If Target.Value = "" Then
Shapes("AutoShape 3").Visible = msoTrue
Else
Shapes("AutoShape 3").Visible = msoFalse

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"edwardpestian" wrote:

Works great, but I actually have 3 callouts that I need disappear. Each
callout is linked to different. Can you modify the code for this?

Thanks again.

EP

--
edwardpestian
edwardpestian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33809
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=549561

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The three cells also have a border around them, can I also have th
border removed when the data is entered into the cell.