Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change properties of a userform

Hello -
How do you programically change an optionbutton value permenatly. I want
the default value for an option button to be true every time the userform is
ran after the user selects that optionbutton. I thought that you could just
set it to true when it was checked... Like this:

Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
Me.OptionButton1.Value = True
End Sub

Private Sub OptionButton2_Click()
Me.OptionButton2.Value = True
End Sub

Private Sub OptionButton3_Click()
Me.OptionButton3.Value = True
End Sub

But it always goes back to the one that I set to true in the properties.
It's probably easy, but I can't figure it out (other than storing the
selection on the workbook and referencing it in the initialization event -
pretty sloppy, I know).

--
Thanks,
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mike,

maybe I didn't understand your question, but you don't need to use:
Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
Me.OptionButton1.Value = True
End Sub
to change the value of optionbutton. It changes automatically,
including unchecking all the other optionbuttons in the same
form/tab/frame.

If you need to set value of the optionbutton before you show the
userform to the user, use something like this:
with userform
..optionbutton1.value=true 'sets the default = checked optionbutton1
..show
end with

Regards,
Ivan

Mike Archer wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks to both of you for answering. I didn't present my question very
clearly. Basically I want the user to select an optionbutton and then for
that optionbutton to still be true the next time the userform runs.
--
Thanks,
Mike

"Mike Archer" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I must be missing something. How do I know which one to set to true in the
activate event. If the user checked optionbutton3 the last time the form was
ran, I want optiongbutton3 to be true everytime the form is ran until another
optionbutton is checked.
--
Thanks,
Mike

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

I reiterate my solution:

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Me.OptionButton1.Value = True
End Sub

HTH
--
AP

"Mike Archer" a écrit dans le message
de news: ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You must link each optionbutton to a specific cell via ControlSource
property (eg: Sheet1!A1)

This way, Excel will show the current selected optionbutton when you run
Userform1.Show

HTH
--

"Mike Archer" a écrit dans le
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mike

You need to remember the selected options somewhere between the userform
sessions. You could write something to an external textfile, to a hidden
worksheet, or to the registry. The latter selections follows the user, not
the application, so it's the preferred "userfriendly" way to do it. Have a
look at SaveSetting and GetSetting in help for registry entries /readings.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Mike Archer" skrev i melding

"Mike Archer" a écrit dans le

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You implemented it that fast ? Good work! Thanks for the feedback.

Best wishes Harald

"Mike Archer" skrev i melding
PERFECT!!!!!!!!
--