Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ardus Petus Ardus Petus is offline

Default Change properties of a userform

You must link each optionbutton to a specific cell via ControlSource
property (eg: Sheet1!A1)

This way, Excel will show the current selected optionbutton when you run
Userform1.Show

HTH
--
AP

"Mike Archer" a écrit dans le message
de news: ...
I must be missing something. How do I know which one to set to true in the
activate event. If the user checked optionbutton3 the last time the form
was
ran, I want optiongbutton3 to be true everytime the form is ran until
another
optionbutton is checked.
--
Thanks,
Mike

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

I reiterate my solution:

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Me.OptionButton1.Value = True
End Sub

HTH
--
AP

"Mike Archer" a écrit dans le
message
de news:
Hello -
How do you programically change an optionbutton value permenatly. I
want
the default value for an option button to be true every time the
userform
is
ran after the user selects that optionbutton. I thought that you could
just
set it to true when it was checked... Like this:

Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
Me.OptionButton1.Value = True
End Sub

Private Sub OptionButton2_Click()
Me.OptionButton2.Value = True
End Sub

Private Sub OptionButton3_Click()
Me.OptionButton3.Value = True
End Sub

But it always goes back to the one that I set to true in the
properties.
It's probably easy, but I can't figure it out (other than storing the
selection on the workbook and referencing it in the initialization
event -
pretty sloppy, I know).

--
Thanks,