Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
rjr rjr is offline

Default Using a macro to import field names into a spreadsheet and place them in different fields

Hello,
I have a spreadsheet format that I download exported data from our Oracle
and it is in the form of an excel spreadsheet.

I need to move this data into an existing excel spreadsheet that I'm using
for a flat database but the fields have different names.
EXAMPLE:
ERFNAME -- ERMI -- ERLNAME -- ERADDR1

COFNAME -- COMI -- COLNAME -- COADRS

I need to import the names from row one into row two. Right not I'm cutting
and pasting the info.
Is there a way to have a macro or vb (not real familiar with vb) to go to
that spreadsheet that has row 1 examples and retrieve them, adding them to
the database for importing?

Additionally is there an additional way to select only the data that hasn't
been imported previously?

Thank you for any solutions.
BOB