Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copy from table

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help. I have a sheet with a column where the
user selects a product from a drop down list. I want to be able to
match the selected value with a table on a seperate sheet and copy over
the matching row. The table has the product name, size, colors, weight,
etc. I need the values and the formulas of the row copied over as well.

Hope that makes sense.

T.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ADG ADG is offline

Hi Tanner

A simple method would be to use Vlookup, taking the drop down cell for your
value to look up
--
Tony Green

"tanner" wrote:

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help. I have a sheet with a column where the
user selects a product from a drop down list. I want to be able to
match the selected value with a table on a seperate sheet and copy over
the matching row. The table has the product name, size, colors, weight,
etc. I need the values and the formulas of the row copied over as well.

Hope that makes sense.

T.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Essentially what I need is to lookup a table of products from an order
form--say sheet2!b1:M40 matching the value in column b1 and if the
match is in say d1 then copy d1:m1...again, including values and
formulas...to an order form..

Hopefully that makes more sense.