Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help Please: Syntax Problem

Hello everyone,

I'm quite new with VB; I've had experience with other programmin
languages though.

For this line:

Dim UniqueCount As Integer
UniqueCount = "=ROWS(R5C1:R" & LastRow2 & "C1)"

I know that I cannot automatically assign UniqueCount the value of tha
formula. How would I format the line such that I can indeed assig
UniqueCount the row value of that line? Thank you in advance

--
Obliviou
Oblivious's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3504

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey - welcome to the fun.

You can access most of the Excel worksheet formulae with
application.worksheetfunction. However, Rows isn't one of them. Fortunately,
VBA has its own equivalent.

UniqueCount = Range("A5:A" & LastRow2).Rows.Count

Jeff

"Oblivious" wrote
in message ...

Hello everyone,

I'm quite new with VB; I've had experience with other programming
languages though.

For this line:

Dim UniqueCount As Integer
UniqueCount = "=ROWS(R5C1:R" & LastRow2 & "C1)"

I know that I cannot automatically assign UniqueCount the value of that
formula. How would I format the line such that I can indeed assign
UniqueCount the row value of that line? Thank you in advance.

--
Oblivious
Oblivious's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547877

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can't use Excel functions in VBA like that. VBA is a complete
programming language in it's own right. To do what you want you could use
the worksheetfuntion object. However, since you are using relative
referencing I can't see the ranges you want to put in there.

Jeff

"Oblivious" wrote
in message ...

Thanks for the prompt reply.

How about something like this then?

Dim UniqueCount As Integer

UniqueCount
=SUMPRODUCT(1/COUNTIF(R[3]C[-4]:R[296]C[-4],R[3]C[-4]:R[296]C[-4]))

Right now it is telling me it is a syntax error and that I am assigning
a wrong type. Thanks.

--
Oblivious
Oblivious's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547877

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, I thought so. Could you please provide me with a sample coding of
how it would work using some arbitrarily chosen range? Perhaps
something like A1:A5 for example. Thank you.

Oblivious's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35041
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547877

syntax problem dorre Excel Programming 3 March 20th 06 05:20 PM
Syntax problem unknowndevice[_4_] Excel Programming 4 August 26th 05 10:57 PM
Syntax problem Alex H Excel Worksheet Functions 1 July 2nd 05 08:23 AM
Another Syntax Problem Sharlene England Excel Programming 2 December 2nd 03 10:04 PM