Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Oblivious[_2_] Oblivious[_2_] is offline

Default Help Please: Syntax Problem

Yes, I thought so. Could you please provide me with a sample coding of
how it would work using some arbitrarily chosen range? Perhaps
something like A1:A5 for example. Thank you.

Jeff Standen Wrote:
You can't use Excel functions in VBA like that. VBA is a complete
programming language in it's own right. To do what you want you could
use
the worksheetfuntion object. However, since you are using relative
referencing I can't see the ranges you want to put in there.

Jeff

"Oblivious"
wrote
in message

Thanks for the prompt reply.

How about something like this then?

Dim UniqueCount As Integer

UniqueCount
=SUMPRODUCT(1/COUNTIF(R[3]C[-4]:R[296]C[-4],R[3]C[-4]:R[296]C[-4]))

Right now it is telling me it is a syntax error and that I am

assigning
a wrong type. Thanks.

--
Oblivious