Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "Turn off" an xla add-in at beginning of code

I have a "Visual_Protect_Indicator" add-in which I think is greatly slowing
down the code I am currently working on. This add-in works on the Protection
Menu Bar - It gives me a visual indication when my sheets and/or workbook is
in Protection Mode.

When I step thru my new project, it keeps switching over and walking thru
the "indicator" add-in.
Is there some code I can put in at the beginning of my current project that
will
"dis-able" that xla for the duration, then "en-able" it at the end of the
process?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you could just close the file, do your stuff and reopen the file.

sub aaa()
workbooks("Visual_Protect_Indicator.xla").close savechanges:=false
'your code
workbooks.open("yourpathtothatfile\Visual_Protect_ Indicator.xla").open
end sub

--

Dave Peterson