-   -   "Turn off" an xla add-in at beginning of code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/362724-turn-off-xla-add-beginning-code.html)

BEEJAY

"Turn off" an xla add-in at beginning of code

I have a "Visual_Protect_Indicator" add-in which I think is greatly slowing
down the code I am currently working on. This add-in works on the Protection
Menu Bar - It gives me a visual indication when my sheets and/or workbook is
in Protection Mode.

When I step thru my new project, it keeps switching over and walking thru
the "indicator" add-in.
Is there some code I can put in at the beginning of my current project that
will
"dis-able" that xla for the duration, then "en-able" it at the end of the
process?

Thanks

Chip Pearson

"Turn off" an xla add-in at beginning of code

I don't believe what you want to do is possible.

"BEEJAY" wrote in message
I have a "Visual_Protect_Indicator" add-in which I think is
greatly slowing
down the code I am currently working on. This add-in works on
the Protection
Menu Bar - It gives me a visual indication when my sheets
and/or workbook is
in Protection Mode.

When I step thru my new project, it keeps switching over and
walking thru
the "indicator" add-in.
Is there some code I can put in at the beginning of my current
project that
will
"dis-able" that xla for the duration, then "en-able" it at the
end of the
process?

Thanks

Dave Peterson

"Turn off" an xla add-in at beginning of code

Maybe you could just close the file, do your stuff and reopen the file.

sub aaa()
workbooks("Visual_Protect_Indicator.xla").close savechanges:=false
'your code
workbooks.open("yourpathtothatfile\Visual_Protect_ Indicator.xla").open
end sub

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

"Turn off" an xla add-in at beginning of code

Watch for typos!