Posted to comp.dcom.modems,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Looking for VB code to test for "RING" , "BUSY" disconnects or other signals

I am looking for code I can use in Excel that I can monitor the modem when
I make calls.Does anybody have some idea where I can find this info?

Thanks
Bruce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.platformsdk.telephony.tapi_2,microsoft.public.platformsdk.telephony.tapi_3,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi.beta

I am a newbie here to TAPI. I have done some programming in Excel (not a
whole bunch!). I looked over the site, but I am not sure what I am looking
for/at...

I am using EXCEL (2002) and what I am seeing here does not look familiar at
all.
Is there a difference between the VB that EXCEL uses and the VB that this is
written is?
I am looking at the code at C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDK\Samples\netds\Tapi\Tapi3\VB\Incoming after installing the SDK.
Maybe, I am wrong about Excel, but is it not VB that it uses?

Thanks and now TOTALLY CONFUSED!!!!
Bruce

"Andreas Marschall [MVP TAPI]" wrote in
message ...
Assisted Telephony only supports tapiRequestMakeCall().
This uses another TAPI app (e.g. MS Phone Dialer) to actually place the

call.
Full TAPI supports all lineXxx / phoneXxx functions.
See MSDN Library online.
See my TAPI and TSPI FAQ:
Q: Where do I find documentation / specifications on TAPI / TSPI ?

http://www.i-b-a-m.de/Andreas_Marschall's_TAPI_and_TSPI_FAQ.htm#_Q:_Wher e_can_
1

--
Best Regards
Andreas Marschall

rights.

"BruceJ" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Jack,

I don't know what the diff is between Assisted Telephony and full Tapi.

What does this mean to me?

Thanks
Bruce

"Jack" <replyto@newsgroup wrote in message
Assisted Telephony does not support any other functions except making

call.
To get what you want you need to use full Tapi.

"BruceJ" wrote in message
I am looking for code I can use in Excel that I can monitor the

modem
when
I make calls.Does anybody have some idea where I can find this info?
What I am looking for is to count how many times the phone has rung,

and
to give me a message if I get a "DISCONNECT" or other "error"

message.
And a different message if BUSY is detected

Thanks
Bruce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.platformsdk.telephony.tapi_2,microsoft.public.platformsdk.telephony.tapi_3,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi.beta

I am a newbie here to TAPI. I have done some programming in Excel (not a
whole bunch!). I looked over the site, but I am not sure what I am looking
for/at...

I am using EXCEL (2002) and what I am seeing here does not look familiar at
all.
Is there a difference between the VB that EXCEL uses and the VB that this is
written is?
I am looking at the code at C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDK\Samples\netds\Tapi\Tapi3\VB\Incoming after installing the SDK.
Maybe, I am wrong about Excel, but is it not VB that it uses?

Thanks and now TOTALLY CONFUSED!!!!
Bruce

Bruce,
if you're using Excel you should know what you are using, shouldn't you?
Excel like all Office Components is using VBA (VB for Applications).
Soory, but I'm not very familiar with VB/VBA, as a TSP developer I'm primarily
using C/C++.

--
Best Regards
Andreas Marschall
Microsoft MVP for TAPI / Windows SDK
TAPI / TSP Developer and Tester
http://www.I-B-A-M.de/Andreas_Marschall's_TAPI_and_TSPI_FAQ.htm
* Please post all messages and replies to the newsgroup so all may
* benefit from the discussion. Private mail is usually not replied to.
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Posted to comp.dcom.modems,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

We have examples on our web page for Access, same VBA as Excel. It
does use our components however so if you don't want the tools, then
you would have to replace our code with about 10 times more TAPI code.
:) But you can see where it would all have to go.

Fred