Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Command line program use in VBA

I need to use some old application (written in FORTRAN, but I haven't
got a source code of this application) in macro in Excel. I want to
communicate with this command line application, send some keys and
receive result. I have tried the SendKeys function but it doesn't
work properly. If you have some experience with this things, give an
advice, please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You say commandline - so does that mean you are not trying to interact.

If it is DOS based/Batch type of executable that writes to the stdout, then
I would try building a BAT file with the command line arguments and
redirecting the output into a file

MyFortranProg.exe arg1, arg2 C:\MyFolders\MyResults.txt

shell to the bat file, then read in the results file when done.

Tom Ogilvy