-   -   Command line program use in VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/362556-command-line-program-use-vba.html)

Nortron

Command line program use in VBA

I need to use some old application (written in FORTRAN, but I haven't
got a source code of this application) in macro in Excel. I want to
communicate with this command line application, send some keys and
receive result. I have tried the SendKeys function but it doesn't
work properly. If you have some experience with this things, give an
advice, please.

Tom Ogilvy

Command line program use in VBA

You say commandline - so does that mean you are not trying to interact.

If it is DOS based/Batch type of executable that writes to the stdout, then
I would try building a BAT file with the command line arguments and
redirecting the output into a file

MyFortranProg.exe arg1, arg2 C:\MyFolders\MyResults.txt

shell to the bat file, then read in the results file when done.

Tom Ogilvy