Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Getting The Chart Wizard To Appear

Hey folks,

I'm working on a data automation project for PowerPoint. In PowerPoint, I
give the user the option to create a new Excel chart and then drag and drop
it onto the PowerPoint form.

I've got it working, but now I need to give the user all the same options
that the standard Excel Chart Wizard offers. Rather than recreate the entire
Excel Chart Wizard, is there a way that I can get it to appear/open up?

Note: I'm writing this in C# and I have access to all the excel objects
including application, workbook, worksheet, chart, chartarea...

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know how you need to handle it in C#, but the VBA command to launch
a commandbar command is:

Application.CommandBars.FindControl(Id:=436).Execu te

This little piece of code in the Immediate Window told me the appropriate
Id:

?application.CommandBars("Standard").Controls("Cha rt Wizard").Id
436

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP