Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Get Info From Web

Has anyone had any success copying data from the web?
I can't use the open web page option, I actually need to "Screen Scrape" the
data.
I can get to the page, input the account numbers from my excel sheet to
Internet Explorer, but I haven't found any info on how to get the data from
the web back into Excel.

I'd love any help you can provide!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You will need to become familiar with the HTML Document Object Model (DOM) if you
want to access the contents of an HTML page.

Do you have a URL ?

Tim

"MBSNewbie" wrote in message ...
Has anyone had any success copying data from the web?
I can't use the open web page option, I actually need to "Screen Scrape" the data.
I can get to the page, input the account numbers from my excel sheet to Internet Explorer, but I haven't found any info on how
to get the data from the web back into Excel.

I'd love any help you can provide!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Basically, it is taking credit card numbers from A2-A33 and grabbing the
charges from the website and populating it back to a worksheet.
Should be pretty simple, the tables are not numbered, so I think I will have
to play with that, if someone could get me started on how to bring the info
from the table to Excel.
Also, if there is too much info on the page, I need to hit Next Page...
Here's what I have so far, I can get to the page and query the card, but I
need to manually copy the contents of the table then answer the box as to
whether the record is done or I need to copy & paste again...
Const url As String =
"https://www65.americanexpress.com/opm/en_US/ViewStatement"
Dim ie As Object, sampleData(1 To 2) As String, cTables As Object, X As
Integer
Dim MyArr As Variant, cl As Range, y As Worksheet, Account As String
'///Setting

For Each cl In Range([a2], [a33].End(3))
Account = cl.Value
MsgBox "...Now Send your data into IE"
Set ie = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application")
With ie

Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim newSheetName As String

.Visible = True
.navigate url

Do While .ReadyState < 4:
Loop
'///Send data to IE
With .Document.all
.acct.Value = Account
.submit1.Click
Do While ie.ReadyState < 4:
Loop
End With

End With

Sheets.Add Type:="Worksheet"
With ActiveSheet
.Move After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)
.Name = cl.Value
End With

**Looking to replace this section with an automated copy & paste to Excel **
X = 1
For X = 1 To 10
Answer = MsgBox("Would You Like To Paste?", vbYesNo)
If Answer = vbYes Then
ActiveSheet.Paste
ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Select
Else:
Cells.Select
With Selection
.WrapText = False