Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Display on-screen information

I want users to click on an AutoShape to launch on-screen information/text -
but the text may be 1000 characters or more - instructions. What is the best
way to do this? I like the look and operability of the message box. Can
someone suggest an approach to this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would set up a user form and use the autoshape _click procedure to show it.
The form could have a textbox with the MultiLine property set to True; that
gives you the ability to scroll the textbox if needed. For even more options
(including formatting) you could use a RichText control (other controls)
which lets you use RTF text. I would add a "CLOSE" or "OK" button to the
userform to hide it again. It would act like a custom messagebox with plenty
of room for text (without being too big).
--
- K Dales