Timbo

Default Worksheet won't display full screen

Hello, I'm an obvious new user to Excel with a strange problem: When using
Excel 2000 under Win 98 SE, I cannot get a certain Excel spreadsheet to
display in full size on the screen. Excel itself is full size, but the sheet
in question is smaller than full size, occupying about 3/4 of the available
space. Further, this began to happen after I adjusted the screen size on the
computer to 1024 x 768 from 800 x 600.

The spreadsheet nor Excel itself was running when I did this, and returning
the screen size to 800 x 600 has no effect on the sheet's display size. All
the other Excel spreadsheets that I open or create have a minimze, maximize,
and close buttons on the particular sheet as well as over the Excel toolbar,
but this one sheet in question does not have any of those buttons! I suspect
it has something to do with the way that I saved this particular sheet, but
I'm not sure of that.

I've checked sheet formats, protection, views, etc., but cannot find
anything set on this particular sheet that would cause this anomaly.

I cannot replicate this issue on another computer, nor can I get any other
sheet on that same computer to behave in this manner. I'm sure it's
something simple/stupid, but the solution eludes me. Thanks for your help.
Dave Peterson

Take another look at:
Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook

There's an option (check the Windows option) that can be toggled.

(You may need to enter a password.)

--

Dave Peterson