Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Tables-Calculations?

Hi,

I have a pivottable with a list of part #'s. What I need to do is to allow
the user to enter a build QTY in a cell and have the pivottable automatically
update the qty of each part required

ex
Build QTY Product A : 24
Build QTY Product B : 20

If product A uses 2 per of part #11
3 per of part #22
ect.

I would like to have the pivottable update and show 48 pieces of part #11
and 72 pieces of part #22 ect.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could do this if you have a table that lists all the product parts,
and another table that tracks inventory. Base the pivot table on the
inventory table.

When someone requests a product, use programming to filter the product
parts table for that product. Paste the filtered results to the
inventory table, as negative quantities, then refresh the pivot table.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures