Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JR JR is offline

Default Loading two forms

Hi all,

I need to load two forms in the same workbook at different times. The first
form will load upon opening the workbook (the form tells the customer that
the pivot tables are updating, please allow 30 seconds for the update).

The second form needs to load 35 seconds after the workbook opens (this form
tells the customer that the pivot table is updated).

Can someone please provide the code I need to accomplish this task?

Thanks you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use the workbook_Open event to show the first form and schedule the
second.

will give you an overview of events.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

will show how to schedule a macro to run (to show the second userform)

is sample code for the first part:

Tom Ogilvy

"JR" wrote:

Hi all,

I need to load two forms in the same workbook at different times. The first
form will load upon opening the workbook (the form tells the customer that
the pivot tables are updating, please allow 30 seconds for the update).

The second form needs to load 35 seconds after the workbook opens (this form
tells the customer that the pivot table is updated).

Can someone please provide the code I need to accomplish this task?

Thanks you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The approach sounds really strange to me. Why 30 seconds to update the Pivot
table? The time for updating is not a "constant" even for the same file on
the same computer.

Also, normally, we use UserForm for input collection. We use Message Box for
prompts. For information during the execution of a macro, we usually use the
status bar.

If you really want to "freeze" or "block" any user interaction, you can use
"EnableCancelKey". That can block all input, e.g. keyboard input. And
normally, the user won't feel anything strange during that time. But it's
just not a standard way of "blocking" the screen using a UserForm.

Regards,
Edwin Tam

http://www.vonixx.com