Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Forms that open from forms

Hi there

I have a form that opens from a form with the other form remaining
open.

I use the form.hide command to go back to the original form, but it
does not go through the "initialize" code if I bring the form back up
and this is causing trouble.

How do I close the second form so that it does not close the first
form but initializes each time it is accessed with the first form
staying open

i.e: open form 1
open form 2 from a button on form 1
close form 2 - WHAT code to do this so that ..
open form 2 from a button the button on form 1
- form 2 opens using the initialize code.

using hide does only hides the form (dah-me) and then shows it when i
trigger the show code, but does not go through the initialize code - I
need to force the initalization each time.
cheers
Aaron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Aaron,

It won't go through the initialise code unless it is unloaded, and it won't
go through the activate code unless it gets shown again.

Try something like

Form1.
Unload Me
UserForm2.Show

Form 2.
Unload Me
UserForm1.Show

--

HTH

RP

"Azza" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Forms Karen D Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 22nd 10 08:50 PM
Forms Karen Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 25th 06 01:05 PM
Forms Brenda New Users to Excel 1 April 27th 05 10:42 PM
Calling Forms from Forms - Exit problems Stuart[_5_] Excel Programming 3 May 25th 04 06:50 AM
Why some forms not available? Edwin Merced Excel Programming 1 November 28th 03 05:05 PM