Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Formatting - HELP!

Does anyone know the expression for my example:
In cell B8, I have a drop-down list to select either "A" or "O" and applied
a conditional format if cell value is "A" apply green and if cell value is
"O" apply red.

Here's where my problem is:
I would like to apply a conditional format to cells B9-B12 based on the
value of B8... if B8 equals "A" then apply green or if B8 equals "O" then
apply red. Can this be done?

Many thanks!!
LisaD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For your conditional format choose formula and make the formulas

=$B$8="A"
and
=$B$8="O"

These are absolute referenced so you can copy the format down to cells
B9:B12 and they will reference B8.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"LisaD" wrote:

Does anyone know the expression for my example:
In cell B8, I have a drop-down list to select either "A" or "O" and applied
a conditional format if cell value is "A" apply green and if cell value is
"O" apply red.

Here's where my problem is:
I would like to apply a conditional format to cells B9-B12 based on the
value of B8... if B8 equals "A" then apply green or if B8 equals "O" then
apply red. Can this be done?

Many thanks!!
LisaD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just to add,
you can also just select B9:B12 and then do your conditional formatting so
all cells get it at once.

Tom Ogilvy