Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
LisaD LisaD is offline

Default Conditional Formatting - HELP!

Thank you Tom!

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Just to add,
you can also just select B9:B12 and then do your conditional formatting so
all cells get it at once.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

For your conditional format choose formula and make the formulas

=$B$8="A"
and
=$B$8="O"

These are absolute referenced so you can copy the format down to cells
B9:B12 and they will reference B8.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"LisaD" wrote:

Does anyone know the expression for my example:
In cell B8, I have a drop-down list to select either "A" or "O" and applied
a conditional format if cell value is "A" apply green and if cell value is
"O" apply red.

Here's where my problem is:
I would like to apply a conditional format to cells B9-B12 based on the
value of B8... if B8 equals "A" then apply green or if B8 equals "O" then
apply red. Can this be done?

Many thanks!!
LisaD