Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Probably an easy question.

Thus far I haven't had much luck, but here's the URL.
https://158.158.100.63/epass/action/...doe&ddSociety=
Thanks.

"Tim Williams" wrote:

Search google groups for past posts on automating Internet Explorer.
That approach should work for this.

It will be easier if the search page uses GET instead of POST.
What does the URL of the "results" page look like following a search?

Tim

"Lost Secretary" wrote in message
Unfortunately it's not that easy, the web site is on our campus's intranet
and is not accessible except from campus computers or VPN. The site is a
directory of students, and we want to enter their names and then search for
specific majors.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

What is the URL?

Tom Ogilvy

"Lost Secretary" wrote:

I have a column of data that are all the same type. I want to take each
record and put it into a data entry field on a web site and then query the
results. I want to search the page for a specific string, and if that string
occurs for my record I need the string to appear in the next column beside
the record. I could probably figure it out with enough time, but I'm sure
someone out there knows a better/faster way. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try setting up a web query in Excel using this URL: does it retreive
the information you want?

If so, you should be able to loop through your list of names, changing
the URL each time (replacing the "name" parts with the relevant
strings) and refresh the query to get each perrson's info.

Tim

"Tim Williams" wrote:

Search google groups for past posts on automating Internet Explorer.
That approach should work for this.

It will be easier if the search page uses GET instead of POST.
What does the URL of the "results" page look like following a search?

Tim

"Lost Secretary" wrote in message
Unfortunately it's not that easy, the web site is on our campus's intranet
and is not accessible except from campus computers or VPN. The site is a
directory of students, and we want to enter their names and then search for
specific majors.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

What is the URL?

Tom Ogilvy

"Lost Secretary" wrote:

I have a column of data that are all the same type. I want to take each
record and put it into a data entry field on a web site and then query the
results. I want to search the page for a specific string, and if that string
occurs for my record I need the string to appear in the next column beside
the record. I could probably figure it out with enough time, but I'm sure
someone out there knows a better/faster way. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried that, but it keeps returning an error:

Unable to open
https://158.158.100.63/epass/action/...doe&ddSociety=.
Cannot download the information you requested.