Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Laura \( '_' \)

Default *EASY* question!

Blank
Hello

Firstly I am sorry for multi-posting, but I didn't understand the answer I
got in the main excel newsgroup.
#Here is my question:-

I have a drop down feature with a list of 'yes' and 'no' in my E Column. Is
there any way I could enter a formula or something so if the answer selected
is 'no' the whole row turns a different colour.

I hope I have explained myself okay.

Thanks for your help --
@---}--
Laura..... :)
Liverpool, England

"Do you know where you're going to?"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Laura

You could use Format/Conditional Formatting. Select the whole row, go to
Format/Conditional Formatting and in the first box select 'Formula is'. In
the next box type
=$A2="N"
assuming your N is going to be in A2. Next select your format and away you
go!

Andy.
(Warrington, England!)
"Laura ( '_' )" wrote in message
Blank
Hello

Firstly I am sorry for multi-posting, but I didn't understand the answer I
got in the main excel newsgroup.
#Here is my question:-

I have a drop down feature with a list of 'yes' and 'no' in my E Column.
Is
there any way I could enter a formula or something so if the answer
selected
is 'no' the whole row turns a different colour.

I hope I have explained myself okay.

Thanks for your help --
@---}--
Laura..... :)
Liverpool, England

"Do you know where you're going to?"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Kiwi Girl

You need conditional formatting to do this.

ie formula is =E$4="Yes", then click on format and choose what colour
you want the cell to change to. Then you need to add a condition and
say formula is=E$4="No" and then click on format and choose what colour
you want the cell to chage to. You then need to copy this conditional
format across the cells you want to change colour.

Good luck!

--
Kiwi Girl
Kiwi Girl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28998

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Laura \( '_' \)

Thanks for your help Kiwigirl and Andy. Spot on!!

--
@---}--
Laura..... :)
Liverpool, England