Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hiding Column Also hiding text

Hello Most Helpful people in the world!

I have a problem with hiding columns that is giving me a strange result.

In Cell A1 I have text that is too long to fit the format but since I don't
have "wrap text" on in the cell, it shows up on the page. Contents of Cell B1
it is blank. However there is information in the rest of Column B that I need
to hide and not publish on the results web page I'm generating.

In my script, I hide Column B, the proceed to generate a single page web
file. The text that overruns the boundaries of Cell A1 is cut off in the
..mht file It's not that way in the excel file, so I'm very confused!

As you probably guessed, Cell A1 is a "Title". I couldn't merget the cell
across the row because doing so hid the entire spreadsheet in the macro (I
read about that on another post.)

Any suggestions on how I can maintain my title on the web but still hide
some of the rows that the title runs across? Am I even making any sense???

In case you are wondering...I'm new to this macro stuff. Thanks in advance
for your time and assistance.

Cindy.

Oh yeah...Here is the code

Sub MakeHTML()
'
' MakeHTML Macro
' Macro recorded 4/5/2006 by cindy
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+Q
'
Columns("B:B").Select
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True
Cells.Select
Range("A7").Activate
With ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects("Deliverables_Checkl ist")
.HtmlType = xlHtmlStatic
.Publish (False)
.AutoRepublish = False
End With
ChDir "C:\Documents and Settings\cindy\Desktop"