Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Temporarily Hiding Text on Repeat Cells in Column-1

On my spreadsheet, all Column-1 cells will be created to represent a project
and I will repeat a "project name" several times -- Each now row will
contain different info on this project. Example: "Fame" will have 4 ROWS
that each begin with "Fame"...I would like to hide the word "Fame"
temporarily on the 3 "subsequent" rows (of Colulmn-1) , so as to make for a
cleaner spreadsheet and easier to read....Hence the 1st entry is the the
marker for "Fame" and then the 3 remaining rows will follow with a blank
space in that first cell (instead of the "Fame" text).....Here's the tricky
part: I will have to move that entire row when that portion of the Fame
project is completed, to another completed section of the spreadsheet and at
that point I want the text "Fame" to "REAPPEAR" or "unhide" when I move
it.....Otherwise if I did the simple action of entering "no text" when I
created that row, when that row gets moved away, it would have no identifying
name on that first cell... Help! Hope someone knows. I am told this is
possible, but have exhausted the Help-feature. Thanks. AnnetteG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pretty easy with Format - Conditial Formatting:

1) Select A2
2) Go to the Conditional Format menu, for condition1 select the "formula is"
option and into the field to the right input the formula =A2=A1
3) Choose a format for this condition that would make the text "disappear",
e.g. text color white .
4) Press OK and use the Format Painter (or Paste Special menu) to copy the
format to all other cells in columns A

Your "tricky part" shouldn't pose a problem: Your text will reappear (in
black) when you move the row to a different location and if there the cell
above doesn't contain the same text. If you don't want this effect in the
new location, simply replace the conditional format with a standard format.

Cheers,

Joerg Mochikun