Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joerg Mochikun Joerg Mochikun is offline

Default Thanks Joerg! -- Temporarily Hiding Text on Repeat Cells in Column

What more can I ask for ;-)
Thanks for the feedback and have a nice day!

"AnnetteG" wrote in message
Thank you so very much!....You saved the day..... :--)
AnnetteG

"Joerg Mochikun" wrote:

Pretty easy with Format - Conditial Formatting:

1) Select A2
2) Go to the Conditional Format menu, for condition1 select the "formula
is"
option and into the field to the right input the formula =A2=A1
3) Choose a format for this condition that would make the text
"disappear",
e.g. text color white .
4) Press OK and use the Format Painter (or Paste Special menu) to copy
the
format to all other cells in columns A

Your "tricky part" shouldn't pose a problem: Your text will reappear (in
black) when you move the row to a different location and if there the
cell
above doesn't contain the same text. If you don't want this effect in the
new location, simply replace the conditional format with a standard
format.

Cheers,

Joerg Mochikun

"AnnetteG" wrote in message
On my spreadsheet, all Column-1 cells will be created to represent a
project
and I will repeat a "project name" several times -- Each now row will
contain different info on this project. Example: "Fame" will have 4
ROWS
that each begin with "Fame"...I would like to hide the word "Fame"
temporarily on the 3 "subsequent" rows (of Colulmn-1) , so as to make
for
cleaner spreadsheet and easier to read....Hence the 1st entry is the
the
marker for "Fame" and then the 3 remaining rows will follow with a
blank
space in that first cell (instead of the "Fame" text).....Here's the
tricky
part: I will have to move that entire row when that portion of the
Fame
project is completed, to another completed section of the spreadsheet
and
at
that point I want the text "Fame" to "REAPPEAR" or "unhide" when I move
it.....Otherwise if I did the simple action of entering "no text" when
created that row, when that row gets moved away, it would have no
identifying
name on that first cell... Help! Hope someone knows. I am told this
is
possible, but have exhausted the Help-feature. Thanks. AnnetteG