Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hiding a button when hiding rows

Hi Guys,

Can someone help me out with the following.

I've put a button on a sheet and when I hide the row that the button
sits in, the button stays visible.

Is it possible to associate the button with a cell and when the row is
hidden the button is also hidden.

Thanks,
Richard.

--
fergusor
fergusor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6201

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

To hide the groupling you can press Crtl + 8.

Or if you want a a macro then try this code to toggle outline.

Sub Grouping()

ActiveWindow.DisplayOutline = Not ActiveWindow.DisplayOutline

End Sub

Link shows you how to add the button

http://www.mrexcel.com/tip068.shtml

VBA Noob

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33833

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the tip to hide the grouping buttons, but I haven't explained
myself very well.

On the actual spreadsheet, in cell A64 I have a button that inserts a
number of rows. When I press the '-' button to hide the grouping the
button in the cell doesn't hide with, instead just moves up and appears
in a different cell.

Thanks for your help.
Richard.

--
fergusor
fergusor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6201
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=569986

hide or unhide rows with button Bea Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 15 September 19th 07 07:03 PM
Automatically Hiding Blank Rows [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 December 31st 05 04:13 PM
hiding rows Lee New Users to Excel 6 August 27th 05 07:51 PM
Hiding rows before printing DaveM Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 April 16th 05 11:38 AM
Hiding rows based on date Steve Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 1st 04 02:30 PM