Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default moving data

hi

I am looking to move data from one cell to another...I have been movin
some of the date with cut and paste...takes so long...

Basically want to move a list of company names and address so that eac
line of the address is in individual cellls...At the moment I have th
company names in one cell each...but the next cell have the ful
address in. I would like to spllit up the address into individua
cells...so the address read left to right...

cheer

--
wood1e
wood1e2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3297

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Woodle2,

Assume that the company names are in column A, the adresses are in column B
and each address line has a unique separator such as a comma (,).

With the adress cells selected:

Data | Text to Columns | Delimited | Next | select the Comma option | Finish

If you need to automate this process, turn on the macro recorder while you
perform the required steps manually. This will provide you with code which
may be edited to enable more general application

If you experience problems with such editing, post back with details,

---
Regards,
Norman

"wood1e2" wrote in
message ...

hi

I am looking to move data from one cell to another...I have been moving
some of the date with cut and paste...takes so long...

Basically want to move a list of company names and address so that each
line of the address is in individual cellls...At the moment I have the
company names in one cell each...but the next cell have the full
address in. I would like to spllit up the address into individual
cells...so the address read left to right...

cheers

--
wood1e2
wood1e2's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok thanks...but how does the macro know the correct length of what I a
cutting and pasting...
for example, the first line of the address to move is ten letters long
and the next address has a 15 letters log...therefore the macro will cu
ten letters of the 15 letter address? or not? :

--
wood1e
wood1e2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3297
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52799

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Woodle2,

Excel's Text to Colums feature uses the delimiter (a comma ?) to decide
where to split the initial address data.

---
Regards,
Norman

"wood1e2" wrote in
message ...

Ok thanks...but how does the macro know the correct length of what I am
cutting and pasting...
for example, the first line of the address to move is ten letters long,
and the next address has a 15 letters log...therefore the macro will cut
ten letters of the 15 letter address? or not? :)

--
wood1e2
wood1e2's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=527990

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, as I am not familar with excel...what is the text to column element
you speak off? :)

--
wood1e2
wood1e2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32971

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Woodle2,

As indicated in my initial reply, navigate Excel's menus thus:

Data | Text to Columns | Delimited | Next | select the Comma option | Finish

More explicitly, the Text to Columns feature is found on Excel's Data menu.

---
Regards,
Norman

"wood1e2" wrote in