Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Question from A Newbie

I currently have a Workbook that has 32 different worksheets. Here is
my goal for this workbook and I'm hoping someone out there would be
able to explain how I would accomplish it. I am new to this whole
concept. I have no knowledge of VBA or programming with excel. I do
know some C++ but I doubt this will help with this.

GOAL: I would like when the user opens the workbook it would prompt
either with a box that will allow them to check which one they need to
edit or with a drop down box that they can select from. After making
the choice they would select OK and it would then display the correct
worksheet and keep the rest hidden from view. I would then like a
button that they could click to save the file to the same location
everytime no worrying about overwritting the original.

Please let me know if there is anyone that can help.

--
akafrog18
akafrog18's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32876

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sounds more like a project (which is what many of us do for a living)
instead of a specific question to a specific problem. What you want can be
done with a workbook_open macro in the ThisWorkbook module using an input
box to unhide the sheet desired.
Or you could use a menu sheet with the names of the sheets in cells and a
double click event macro to unhide and goto the sheet desired. Or a
dropdown. Or?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"akafrog18" wrote
in message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don,

Would you be able to send me an example code for how to create the menu
sheet and the double click event. I have never created macros in Excel.
If you could provide a step by step or something that would be great.

Thanks

Don Guillett Wrote:
[...]

View this thread:

akafrog18
akafrog18's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32876
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=526792

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Would anyone out there be able to help me do what Don above has said. I
am totally new to VBA and don't know how to do this. Thanks