Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Import sheet or only data of another workbook

Hy,

I have a problem with importing data from excel to excel. My sales
plan for 2006 took all 200 + columns of excell sheet. They are grouped,
so it is taken care for that. What I would like to, is to have 6
sheets (plan from each sales person in company) and a main sheet
where all the stuff is sumarized. So far so good. When I got all plans
I just made a copy paste process (inserted 6 more sheets) and
consolidation to sumarize the data. Next step is to make auto
synchronization from the files that I received from sales team, to
sheets which are pasted into the main file. They can change the file
they have sent to me, but not their sheet into the main file. Got the
point?
I canno't make synhronization with copy paste. Files has to be
imported. But importing it, it doesn't keep the format from the source
file, so it is not acceptable. I can make a copy of format, but it
doesn't work how I wanted it to. And yes, when I import the data it
doesn import all cell - the one which have special format (colour...)
they stay out.

If I manage somehow to do all the things, to regroup crashed goups, or
anoter outline, to get the data to the right cells I just cannot mark
the sheet to make Data range properties (it works only in a cell or two
on a whole sheet), so I could choose te synchonization check box... But
even if I get it done, I just get an error report that the last column
has data in it, so it is not posible to get any data imported. Or that
it cannot remove or something, blank cells, because of possible data
loss...

It seems that when I get something right other thing just stop working.

We have put a lot of work into this plan, but we stopped at the end...

Thanks for all the help!!