Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
yyl yyl is offline

Default How do I activate 'Saved Form Information' in Excel?

How can I ensure that the information which I have entered earlier into the
form is saved to make filling out forms faster? For instance, in the "Name
Field", I have earlier keyed in names like "Andrew","Aaron", and the next
time when I want to key in "Andrew", I need not key in the whole string of
letters, rather, after I keyed in "A', there will be a dop-down list on the
names beginning with the letter "A" which I have keyed in the previous
time..and I will be able to select "Andrew" from the list..

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use a ComboBox in your forms and every time you get a field entry that
is new, have VBA add it to a list and redefine your ListFillRange.

eg, a sheet called FormData to store the lists for the ComboBoxes or
other elements.
Column A has a list of Names used in ComboBox1

When the user clicks a button, SAVE or CONTINUE or whatever you have
at the end of your form, if ComboBox1.value is not in ColumnA then add
it to the bottom of the list, and update the ComboBox1.ListFillRange to
include the extra row. You could resort the list to if you want.