Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Show respective IDs

Hi there,

I am showing a list(dropdown) of Customers in column A. What I a
looking is, when the user select the customer from the list it shoul
display the Code in the beside column (cell) i.e. in column B, but i
the same row of that the customer is selected. How do I achieve it. M
all customers are stored in column J and its respective IDs in colum
K.

Thanx in advance.
a_k9

--
a_k9
a_k93's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3267

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In column B, for example, B1

=if(A1="","",vlookup(A1,J:K,2,False))

drag fill down if you will have dropdowns in multiple rows.

Tom Ogilvy

"a_k93" wrote:

Hi there,

I am showing a list(dropdown) of Customers in column A. What I am
looking is, when the user select the customer from the list it should
display the Code in the beside column (cell) i.e. in column B, but in
the same row of that the customer is selected. How do I achieve it. My
all customers are stored in column J and its respective IDs in column
K.

Thanx in advance.
a_k93

--