Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF + respective Validation Dropdown List

Hi
based on the following scenario, please advise how can I get my worksheet to
function the way I wanted.

Basically i want Excel to provide the respective validation list, after
knowing what is the condition stated in the previous column.

I am aware of the use of validation list but not sure if it can be set in a
way that the respective lists prompts when conditions are met.

Example:
IF A1 shows Food; then B2 will provide the list of food items only
IF A1 shows Places; then B2 will provide the list of places only

In such case, if feasible, can the Places list and Food list be grouped
together when the validation sources for input?

Please advise. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"karenc" wrote in message
Hi
based on the following scenario, please advise how can I get my worksheet
function the way I wanted.

Basically i want Excel to provide the respective validation list, after
knowing what is the condition stated in the previous column.

I am aware of the use of validation list but not sure if it can be set in
way that the respective lists prompts when conditions are met.

Example:
IF A1 shows Food; then B2 will provide the list of food items only
IF A1 shows Places; then B2 will provide the list of places only

In such case, if feasible, can the Places list and Food list be grouped
together when the validation sources for input?

Please advise. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Check this link please.