MWS

Default Data Validation - Dropdown List Not Appearing

Hello, I am using MircoSoft Excel 2002.

I created a file, and a worksheet within contained cells which had a
dropdown list affixed via DataValidationAllow: List (and then a named range
within the Source field). The "In-Cell DropDown" list box was checked.

The users then informed me that the drop-down list of the cells no longer
appered, so I checked the validation settings, and the original settings are
still there, yet the dropdowns do not appear upon activating the given cells.
Instead of trying to determine how this occurred, via EditClearAll, I
cleared the validation settings for the cells and applied the settings again,
but still the dropdown list does not appear in the given cells. (fyi, the
file is not Shared)

I have used this type of validation in the past without any issues, but now
the list does not appear. Can anyone advise as to how to resolve this
situation.

Any and All Help Is Appreciated - Thanks In Advance
Bob Phillips

A couple of previous suggestions from Debra Dalgleish and Gord Dibben

Are objects visible?

To make them visible, choose ToolsOptions
On the View tab, for Objects, select Show All, or Show Placeholders

Excel 97 also had a problem showing DV drop-down arrows when WindowFreeze
Panes was enabled. Anything above the "freeze line" would be hidden.

--

HTH

RP

"MWS" wrote in message
[...]

Attached Images

MWS

Bob, Thank You for the response.

Via ToolsOptionsView The "Show All" radio button is selected. I also
changed it to "Show Placeholders" but it did not resolve the issue.

There are panes frozen, but I did try via WindowsUnfreeze Panes, but the
issue remains.

Any other suggestions?