Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Attaching a link to a Picture

Want to thank first the person that answered my last question about doing a
web query. That is working just fine, thanks for your help.

Now for my next little problem, I have picture, on a worksheet, that I would
like to attach, some text information about. What I would like to be able to
do is click on the picture and have my text information pop up, say to the
right of the picture. For example, say you have a picture of a location that
you visited. Now you want to attach some background information to it so
that you will always remember that visit. Say for an example, you put the
date of visit, and who was with you when visiting this spot, and other
important stuff.

Is this something that has been address else where on this forum, or can
somebody direct me to a web site, that would have my answer.

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve,
I right clicked on the picture and selected HYPERLINK
I then selected screen tip and entered a little bit of info,
I had to enter enter a hyperlink address though, such as A1
when I put the mouse arrow over the picture the screen tip popped up
the screen tip will only show if there is a hyperlink

Here's something neat if you are just making a photo album

Right click on a cell and select insert comment
Delete the comment title, and right click on the comment frame
select format comment
select colors and lines
in the fill catagory select color
go to the bottom and select fill effects
select the picture tab
hit the select picture button
find your picture and click insert
hit OK,OK
Now your comments box is the picture
In your cell you could have the description of the picture and when yo
drag the mouse arrow over the cell the picture pops up, you can resiz
the comment box.
:eek

--
davesexce
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3170

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

Thanks for the reply, I couldn't get the first part of response to work.
All I got was a black and white image. I then thought I might try a macro,
but that didn't work either. But your second idea of using a comment box
worked fine for including a picture, but what about when the picture pops up
that a text message would also show up, when you click on that cell. I tried
including a alt text under the web tab, but nothing showed up.

Steve

"davesexcel" wrote:

Steve,
I right clicked on the picture and selected HYPERLINK
I then selected screen tip and entered a little bit of info,
I had to enter enter a hyperlink address though, such as A1
when I put the mouse arrow over the picture the screen tip popped up,
the screen tip will only show if there is a hyperlink

Here's something neat if you are just making a photo album

Right click on a cell and select insert comment
Delete the comment title, and right click on the comment frame
select format comment
select colors and lines
in the fill catagory select color
go to the bottom and select fill effects
select the picture tab
hit the select picture button
find your picture and click insert
hit OK,OK
Now your comments box is the picture
In your cell you could have the description of the picture and when you
drag the mouse arrow over the cell the picture pops up, you can resize
the comment box.

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I suppose you could use data validation, when you select the cell
commentbox will pop up from the data validation, and the picture wil
come up from the cell comment bo