Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default updating query.

Hi

I have a cell b1 with a formula entered in which is =sheet1!a1 but whe
I exit the cell it is not updating to the Sheet 1 A1 value but instea
showing me the formula. it does seem to work if I enter in the formul
into a different cell.

Any Ideas?

I also have a macro which creates a report from various source an
outputs one sheet with all the figures. It works perfectly except
would prefer it to not jump from one screen to the next while it i
producing the report any ideas on how to just stay on a sheet and hav
a msgbox say that the report is finished

--
funkymonkU
funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1813

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is the cell formatted as Text. Format it as general. this can happen if
Sheet1!A1 is formatted as text as well.

Tom Ogilvy

"funkymonkUK"
wrote in message

Hi

I have a cell b1 with a formula entered in which is =sheet1!a1 but when
I exit the cell it is not updating to the Sheet 1 A1 value but instead
showing me the formula. it does seem to work if I enter in the formula
into a different cell.

Any Ideas?

I also have a macro which creates a report from various source and
outputs one sheet with all the figures. It works perfectly except I
would prefer it to not jump from one screen to the next while it is
producing the report any ideas on how to just stay on a sheet and have
a msgbox say that the report is finished?

--
funkymonkUK
funkymonkUK's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=523947