Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macros in excel 2003 won't work in 2000

I have a workbook with several macros that works beautifullin 2003 but shows
errors in 2000. I had to save it as a template in order to share it with
multiple users. What can I do so that the 2000 users will not have errors?

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to develop the code in the earliest version of Excel
that you are supporting. That means using Excel 2000, or at least
not using any features that have been added since then.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"pywhacket" wrote in
message
I have a workbook with several macros that works beautifullin
2003 but shows
errors in 2000. I had to save it as a template in order to
share it with
multiple users. What can I do so that the 2000 users will not
have errors?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to develope it in the lowest version of Excel that will run it.
Debug it in 2000 to make it work (mostly just removing features that did not
exist in 2000). 2003 will be backwards compatible with 2000 (with a few minor
exceptions like pivot tables code)...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson