Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macros created in 2003 won't work in 2000

I have created macros in 2003. They won't work in 2000. Is there a way to
save in an earlier version and make it work. I tried to save it in 97-2000
version and
it still does not work. Is there a way to solve this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to develope the macros using the lowest common denominator version
(in your case 2000). As a guess your problem will reside in your sort
routines. There in a new argument in the Sort which you can just remove

DataOption1:=xlSortNormal <-Delete this...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"dford" wrote:

I have created macros in 2003. They won't work in 2000. Is there a way to
save in an earlier version and make it work. I tried to save it in 97-2000
version and
it still does not work. Is there a way to solve this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim,
The one problem is in the sort routine as you described. I think I know how
to delete that as you suggest. The other problem is with a print routine
using a macro. How do I correct that. When I fix these to work in 2000, will
they still work in 2003?

"dford" wrote:

I have created macros in 2003. They won't work in 2000. Is there a way to
save in an earlier version and make it work. I tried to save it in 97-2000
version and
it still does not work. Is there a way to solve this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Post the code for the parts that don't work (or all of it if it's not too
long) and we can fix them all at once

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"dford" wrote:

I have created macros in 2003. They won't work in 2000. Is there a way
save in an earlier version and make it work. I tried to save it in
97-2000
version and
it still does not work. Is there a way to solve this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Below are the 2 macros that will work in 2003 but not in 2000.

Sub princolors()
'
' princolors Macro
' Macro recorded 5/19/2006 by Doug
Range("A1647:E1747").Select

Selection.AutoFilter
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("B3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="<"
Range("A1646").Select

Range("A1646:E1747").Select
Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True

Range("A1646").Select
Selection.AutoFilter

'
End Sub

Sub sortcolorscode()
'
' sortcolorscode Macro
' Macro recorded 4/25/2006 by Doug
Selection.AutoFilter
Range("A1647:E1747").Sort Key1:=Range("A3"), Order1:=xlAscending,

"dford" wrote:

I have created macros in 2003. They won't work in 2000. Is there a way
save in an earlier version and make it work. I tried to save it in
97-2000
version and
it still does not work. Is there a way to solve this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've not got XL2000 so I've stripped this back as much as I can, but it
should still be fine.

Sub princolors()
'
' princolors Macro
' Macro recorded 5/19/2006 by Doug
Range("A1647:E1747").Select

Selection.AutoFilter
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("B3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="<"
Range("A1646").Select

Range("A1646:E1747").Select
Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True

Range("A1646").Select
Selection.AutoFilter

'
End Sub

Sub sortcolorscode()
'
' sortcolorscode Macro
' Macro recorded 4/25/2006 by Doug
Selection.AutoFilter
Range("A1647:E1747").Sort Key1:=Range("A3"), Order1:=xlAscending,
Header:=xlGuess
Selection.AutoFilter

HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
DTHIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

_

"dford" wrote:

I have created macros in 2003. They won't work in 2000. Is there a
way
save in an earlier version and make it work. I tried to save it in
97-2000
version and
it still does not work. Is there a way to solve this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What doesn't work? where does it error? Why not record it in XL2000, it'll
be sure to work then?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge