Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default delete spreadsheet

Good Morning,
I'm not sure how to address my issue, without explaining in detail what I'm
trying to do (going to be a bit 'wordy'). I have a macro that pulls data
from our web-site, filters and formats the data and saves five separate
files, for further manipulation. After the final spreadsheet is populated
with the data needed for distribution, I'd like to somehow go back and delete
four of those 'saved' spreadsheets. How can I delete programmatically? More
than likely this is another simple task, which I'm just failing to realize.
Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kill "C:\Myfolder\Myfile.xls"

will delete the referenced file (it should not be open).

It doesn't not put a copy in the recycle bin.

Tom Ogilvy

"Johnny Mick" wrote:

Good Morning,
I'm not sure how to address my issue, without explaining in detail what I'm
trying to do (going to be a bit 'wordy'). I have a macro that pulls data
from our web-site, filters and formats the data and saves five separate
files, for further manipulation. After the final spreadsheet is populated
with the data needed for distribution, I'd like to somehow go back and delete
four of those 'saved' spreadsheets. How can I delete programmatically? More
than likely this is another simple task, which I'm just failing to realize.
Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

figured it was something simple. If I may take a moment; I'd like to thak
you, and all of the other folks that utilize these discussion groups. Thanks
to you guys, my boss thinks I'm an Excel genius. Ya'll do good work. Happy
St. Patrick's Day.

"Johnny Mick" wrote:

Good Morning,
I'm not sure how to address my issue, without explaining in detail what I'm
trying to do (going to be a bit 'wordy'). I have a macro that pulls data
from our web-site, filters and formats the data and saves five separate
files, for further manipulation. After the final spreadsheet is populated
with the data needed for distribution, I'd like to somehow go back and delete
four of those 'saved' spreadsheets. How can I delete programmatically? More
than likely this is another simple task, which I'm just failing to realize.
Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can this be done with a variable instead of the explicit path in quotes? I
assume so - like this:
Kill PathToMyFile

--
Thanks,
Andy

"Johnny Mick" wrote:

Good Morning,
I'm not sure how to address my issue, without explaining in detail what I'm
trying to do (going to be a bit 'wordy'). I have a macro that pulls data
from our web-site, filters and formats the data and saves five separate
files, for further manipulation. After the final spreadsheet is populated
with the data needed for distribution, I'd like to somehow go back and delete
four of those 'saved' spreadsheets. How can I delete programmatically? More
than likely this is another simple task, which I'm just failing to realize.
Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK. It's giving me an error saying action not allowed or something like
that. I think it is because the file is linked to an open Word file. I
haven't been able to figure out how to close that Word file yet. I have a
separate question on the board for that one.

I suspect if that file is closed I can delete the data file, no problem.
--
Thanks,
Andy

"Dave Peterson" wrote: