Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jennifer

Default how do i delete the data in one spreadsheet from another

i have my mailing list in excel in a long list of emails. each month when i
get unsubscribes i have to go through manually and find and delete. is there
a way that i can take the list of unsubscribers in one sheet and delete them
from my main list?

thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

Only with some VBA code. The following code assumes you have your
master emails in a sheet called "Emails" and the emails to
unsubscribe in a worksheet called "Unsubscribe". Change the
A1:A100 range to the range of cells on your "Unsubscribe" sheet.

Sub AAA()
Dim Rng As Range
Dim FoundCell As Range
For Each Rng In Worksheets("Unsubscribe").Range("A1:A100")
Set FoundCell =
Worksheets("Emails").Range("A:A").Find(what:=Rng.T ext)
If Not FoundCell Is Nothing Then
FoundCell.EntireRow.Delete
End If
Next Rng

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"jennifer" wrote in message
i have my mailing list in excel in a long list of emails. each
month when i
get unsubscribes i have to go through manually and find and
delete. is there
a way that i can take the list of unsubscribers in one sheet
and delete them
from my main list?

thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jennifer

goog grief that was quick! thank you very much although it is still all
sounding a bit greek to me. if it helps i sell paintings for a living so i
may have to get someone to translate this for me. i'm terrible at tech speak.

thank you so much though

jenni