Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CDO emailing

hi

I'm using a typical code that sends email using CDO objects.

The code has an ".addattachment" method to attach file.

This code is basically in a loop that sends 1 email after another by getting
email addresses from a range of cells.

The objective is to send one attachment per email.

The problem is the .addattachment method keeps stacking up files from
previous attachments as the code loops. The first email would get its
attachment; 2nd email would get its attachment plus that of the first email,
and so on.

How can I clear out this .addattachment method before the next loop ?

Thanks
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Me again...

I managed to track down the DeleteAll method from MS site
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...66dcac6a8a.asp)

For my case, to avoid adding more and more attachments to the attachments
collection as a result of a loop, the attachments collection can be cleared
as followed.

do while...
objMsg.addattachment "c:\test.zip"
objMsg.send
objMsg.attachements.DeleteAll
' This method empties out the Attachments collection.
' It can be at either the beginning or the end of a loop.
loop

Steve

"SP" wrote in message
hi

I'm using a typical code that sends email using CDO objects.

The code has an ".addattachment" method to attach file.

This code is basically in a loop that sends 1 email after another by
getting email addresses from a range of cells.

The objective is to send one attachment per email.

The problem is the .addattachment method keeps stacking up files from
previous attachments as the code loops. The first email would get its
attachment; 2nd email would get its attachment plus that of the first
email, and so on.

How can I clear out this .addattachment method before the next loop ?

Thanks
Steve

Emailing lsherman22 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 12th 06 07:35 PM
emailing pdf nickp Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 August 8th 05 11:14 AM
emailing IanH Excel Worksheet Functions 4 June 1st 05 09:25 PM
emailing phil Excel Programming 1 April 6th 04 09:13 PM
Emailing in VBA Steven Cheng[_2_] Excel Programming 2 July 25th 03 11:27 PM