IanH

Default emailing

I'm new to this group (my first posting) so apologize if this has been
covered elsewhere - I had a reasonable look and don't think it has been,
quite.

I use an Excel sheet to keep a track of orders for a not for profit theatre
play publisher. I've developed simple macros (using my equally simple
abilities) to generate invoices and reports, but what I'd really like to be
able to do is click on my "invoice number" cell and apply a macro that would
copy certain (relative) cells into an email body, append a title such as
"Print Order - Invoice Number " plus the number in that cell, then send it to
two email addresses, these addresses being the same every time.

Any ideas?

Regards
--
The forwarder I go, the behinder I get
Ron de Bruin

Hi Ian

Start on this page and post back if you need more help
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"IanH" .(donotspam) wrote in message ...
I'm new to this group (my first posting) so apologize if this has been
covered elsewhere - I had a reasonable look and don't think it has been,
quite.

I use an Excel sheet to keep a track of orders for a not for profit theatre
play publisher. I've developed simple macros (using my equally simple
abilities) to generate invoices and reports, but what I'd really like to be
able to do is click on my "invoice number" cell and apply a macro that would
copy certain (relative) cells into an email body, append a title such as
"Print Order - Invoice Number " plus the number in that cell, then send it to
two email addresses, these addresses being the same every time.

Any ideas?

Regards
--
The forwarder I go, the behinder I get

Walter Mayes

Ron

I'm going to show my lack of expertise here but....I downloaded your
file that allows one to just email one sheet from an Excel workbook.
My question is: How do I get that file incorporated into Excel?

Thanks
Walter Mayes

[...]

Ron de Bruin

Hi Walter

You must copy the macro in a module in your workbook

First we open the VBA editor with Alt-F11
Then we use InsertModule
Copy/Paste the macro in this module (change the address in the macro to yours(for testing))
Now we use Alt-Q to go back to Excel

Then In Excel we use Alt-F8 to get the list with macro's
Select the macro and press Run

See also this page for a Add-in (very easy to use)
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl