Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default use of scroll wheel in combobox

Hello experts,

Does anyone know why the scroll wheel of my mouse does not have any effect
when attempting to scroll in a combobox list?? Is there a way to change
settings or use different style combobox???

Thanks,

Jan Bart
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jan,

The wheel is not natively supported in VBA.

There's a solution here that works for listboxes that can be adapted for
combos:

http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...istScrolls.htm

Please post back and let me know if it works.

Robin Hammond

"Excelerate-nl" wrote in message
Hello experts,

Does anyone know why the scroll wheel of my mouse does not have any effect
when attempting to scroll in a combobox list?? Is there a way to change
settings or use different style combobox???

Thanks,

Jan Bart

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Robin,

The code looks impressive for such a standard action within Windows.
For the moment I will not use the Beta in the solution I am writing for my
customers. I will try it later and actually hope for a more simple
solution....

It is surely a lack of service of MS that VBA does not support this wheel
action.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Jan Bart

"Robin Hammond" wrote:

Jan,

The wheel is not natively supported in VBA.

There's a solution here that works for listboxes that can be adapted for
combos:

http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...istScrolls.htm

Please post back and let me know if it works.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Excelerate-nl" wrote in message
Hello experts,

Does anyone know why the scroll wheel of my mouse does not have any effect
when attempting to scroll in a combobox list?? Is there a way to change
settings or use different style combobox???

Thanks,

Jan Bart

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK.

I think the reason is that individual controls on a vba form do not have a
standard windows handle, and all the wheel handling code in windows is
geared to being over a control with a handle.

My code detects a wheel event over a form (for which you can get a handle)
but then has to figure out for itself whether the mouse is over an
individual control on a form.

Very annoying, I agree.

Robin Hammond