Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robin Hammond[_2_] Robin Hammond[_2_] is offline

Default use of scroll wheel in combobox

OK.

I think the reason is that individual controls on a vba form do not have a
standard windows handle, and all the wheel handling code in windows is
geared to being over a control with a handle.

My code detects a wheel event over a form (for which you can get a handle)
but then has to figure out for itself whether the mouse is over an
individual control on a form.

Very annoying, I agree.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Excelerate-nl" wrote in message
Dear Robin,

The code looks impressive for such a standard action within Windows.
For the moment I will not use the Beta in the solution I am writing for my
customers. I will try it later and actually hope for a more simple
solution....

It is surely a lack of service of MS that VBA does not support this wheel
action.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Jan Bart

"Robin Hammond" wrote:

Jan,

The wheel is not natively supported in VBA.

There's a solution here that works for listboxes that can be adapted for
combos:

http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...istScrolls.htm

Please post back and let me know if it works.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Excelerate-nl" wrote in message
Hello experts,

Does anyone know why the scroll wheel of my mouse does not have any
effect
when attempting to scroll in a combobox list?? Is there a way to change
settings or use different style combobox???

Thanks,

Jan Bart